Thursday, January 31, 2008

31 Days of Oscar: The Adventures of Robin Hood

Starting tomorrow, Turner Classic Movies will begin their annual salute to Academy Award-winning and nominated films from the past 80 years with the "31 Days of Oscar".

So, starting today, I will be highlighting one of my personal favorite classic Oscar-noted movies, one that will air on TCM the following day. (And for the record, I have seen all but one of the 31 movies that I will spotlight, and you'll see why I picked that one anyway when I get to it.)

Kicking off the celebration (literally -- it's the first movie scheduled for the month) is one of my favorite adventure films of all time: The Adventures of Robin Hood. Directed by Michael Curtiz and starring the dashing Errol Flynn and the beautiful Olivia de Havilland, the 1938 Warner Bros. hit was nominated for four Academy Awards, winning all but the big one: Best Picture.

The Adventures of Robin Hood airs tomorrow at 6:00 AM EST on Turner Classic Movies.

No comments: